The Patterson Company has been in business since 1858, when it first began operations on the banks of the Monongahela River in Pittsburgh. By the
1950’s, the company was designing and manufacturing towboat and barge winches. The winches can hold capacities anywhere from 20 tons to 90 tons and in three different formats: manual, electrical, and hydraulic. Products include winches, barge connectors, towboat winches, ratchet turnbuckles, tensors and decking equipment.